SVAFF '13 Call for entries!
Set in beautiful Silicon Valley, California (the high-tech capital of the world); the Silicon Valley African Film Festival (SVAFF) is a showcase of seasoned and emerging filmmakers from the African continent whose works reflect the true stories, hopes and dreams of Africa.
The mission of the Festival is to promote an understanding and appreciation of Africa and Africans through moving images.
Submission Deadline: August 19, 2013
Festival dates: October 11-13, 2013
CALL FOR ENTRY:
If you are an African filmmaker with an artistic vision and voice that needs to be seen and heard, this is your festival. Our seasoned industry staff and partners will provide you an opportunity and a platform to showcase your film, network and build relationships that will last a lifetime.
How to enter your film:
- Read Regulations and Requirements.
- Fill out and sign the ENTRY FORM. [Download entry form here] | [Online submissions]
- Enclose a completed and signed entry form with your DVD. You can also email a completed form to us and send your DVD by mail or give us a link to watch your film online.
- NO ENTRY FEE REQUIRED
- Depending on availability of funds, SVAFF may provide travel subsidies to filmmakers who will like to attend the festival, including accommodation and ground transportation.
Films will be considered for the following Awards:
- Jury Prize - Best Narrative Feature
- Jury Prize - Best Documentary
- Jury Prize - Best Short
- Jury Prize - Best Animation
- Emerging Filmmaker Award
NOTE: If you are submitting more than one film; please use a separate form for each submission.